1) What is TAN and Why It is needed?
- TAN stands for tax deduction and collection account number, TAN is mandatory require for the purpose of TDS deduction.
2) How TAN can be allotted?
- TAN can be arranged by filling form 49B online on NSDL-TIN website.
3) TAN allotment procedures or steps?
Allotment of TAN requires three major steps:-
- 1) Filling TAN Application through Form 49B.
- 2) Giving conformation to the acknowledgement generated.
- 3) Getting a printout of acknowledgement generated.
- 4) Applicant must sign at the place whehre require.
- 5) Finally signed acknowledgement must be sent to NSDL along with DD at following addressNSDL – e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,5th floor ,Mantri sterling, Plot No. 341, Survey No. 997/8,Model colony, Near Deep Bungalow chowk,Pune – 411016
4) Amt require for TAN registration?
- The fee for processing the application for TAN application INR 65.00 ( 55.00 application charge + 18.00% Goods & Services Tax) and this is a non-refundable fee if your application is rejected. Demand draft/Cheque shall be drawn in favor of NSDL-TIN.Once this form submitted, the department would verify details so submitted. If the application appears to be correct, NSDL would send TAN details to the applicant’s address as provided in the form 49B or they could also send an email with the TAN details if the application was made online
5) Major points to be remember before fiiling TAN?
Below are few points which one should bear in mind while applying for TAN in form 49B.
- 1) Form 49B should be filled in English only and in capital letters.
- 2) The details of the assessing officer are required to be furnished by collector or deductor of tax. This information could be accessed from Income Tax Office if the same isn’t available
- 3) Details with respect to the district, area, area code, etc. are required to be provided by tax deductor or collector. If such detail isn’t known, Income Tax Office would assist you to find out the same.
- 4) The form must be filled up entirely. Blanks or pending sections won’t be considered
- 5) Individuals responsible for filing and submitting tax must list down their designation.
- 6) The applicant’s address must be an Indian address